The Global Dialogue Foundation’s principal purpose is to:
- Strengthen the role of civil society organizations to promote intercultural dialogue, cultural diversity and inclusion at grassroots level within their own countries and across them globally
- Initiate and promote dialogue and collaboration for increased understanding among cultures and civilizations globally
- Maintain the identity of original traditions; fostering their impact on the development of mainstream society
- Strengthen the voice of the Asia Pacific Region in the debate on dialogue and understanding among peoples and cultures
- Contribute significantly in supporting the work of the UN Alliance of Civilizations
- Improve relations within and between all cultural, ethnic and religious groups, including all minorities, majorities and migrants in the country, preventing persistent tensions and divides via dialogue globally.
Maya Shahani, The Chairperson of SAGE Foundation, is the Vice Chairperson of Global Dialogue Foundation.